Students and clients are responsible to get to the Montreat campground from the airport. The following are the airports to fly into:
- Asheville Regional Airport: 30 miles
- Greenville-Spartanburg, SC Airport: 95 miles
- Charlotte-Douglas International Airport, Charlotte, NC: 110 miles
shuttles to/from airport
Lyft seems to be more likely to transport to Montreat: https://www.lyft.com
Uber is another option: https://get.uber.com.
Download either app on your phone and schedule a ride before you arrive.
Flying into Greenville or Charlotte: Ashevilleshuttle.com runs shuttles from each of these airports to downtown Asheville. You still need to catch a ride to Montreat itself (20 miles to the east of Asheville).
- $65 one way per person to/from Greenville-Spartanburg airport;
- $85 one way per person to/from Charlotte- Douglas airport.
directions to campsite
The campground is 20 miles east of Asheville and 4 miles north of Black Mountain, NC.
- Take NC-9 N/Montreat Rd north out of Black Mountain, NC.
- Drive through the Montreat Arch and into the village.
- 2.6 miles north of Black Mountain, you will see the Assembly Inn on your left and Lake Susan on your right.
- A couple hundred feet after you pass the lake, bear slightly left onto Graybeard Trail.
- Go 3/10 of a mile and turn right onto Calvin Trail.
- Drive 4/10 of a mile to the end of Calvin Trail and enter the campground.